by Rajen KumarMiddlemen Rule PSU Banks
The Union Finance Ministrys recent advisory to the public sector banks to take a tough stand while sanctioning loans to the corporate houses is, to say the least, amusing. The advisory,...
Special ReportsOct 2013
Association of Healthcare Providers India AHPI represents the vast majority of healthcare providers in India to work as not for profit organization for advocacy with...
Business Intelligence for SMEs in Retail Industry
In RETAIL business, there lies an invaluable source of dormant information and intelligence, hidden under reams of data being entered into their transactional software. Businesses, especially in the Small & Medium Businesses (SMB) sector, do not have affordable tools to create "Predictive Insights" and harness "Actionable Intelligence" from the huge amount of transactional data that is being captured across their business.
Understanding the needs of SME and the need for software which aids them in creating predictive insights, BIRetail a company providing IT Solutions, has announced the launch of their new Business Intelligence (BI) software -BIRetail, specially designed for the Retail Industry.
To counter the 'price barrier' for adoption of BI solutions, BI Retail has deployed their software in the “Software as a Service (SaaS)” model. Thus, the software is available on a cost-effective “subscription” model, discount the need to buy expensive software licenses, and thus making it highly affordable.
Since it is specifically tailored for Retailers, the package comes as a ready solution with relevant reports, charts, informative KPI's pre-built, and yet further customizable. The software is packed with many advantages and benefits like:
• Typical BI implementations can take 6-12 months to go live. But BIRetail reduces the cycle to as low as 4 weeks.
• In the SaaS model, customers do not need to invest on hardware, infrastructure and personnel costs. All hosting, maintenance and support costs are covered by BIRetail.
• The software is cost effective, thus allowing Small / Medium Retailers to harness the power of Data Analytics in their respective business.
• In spite of being an advanced application like Data Analytics, the simplicity of use of BIRetail, provides a very easy user experience, allowing non-IT people to harness the power of data, with no training required.
• BIRetail is usies a world-renowned Business Intelligence platform called MicroStrategy, which is among the leaders and innovators in Data Analytics. Further, BIRetail uses Microsoft's SQL Server Integration Services to carry out the data extraction efficiently. Thus the reliability of data extraction, computing and report delivery is well-established.
• Besides this SaaS delivery model, BIRetail is also available in the conventional on-premise software delivery model.
BIRetail is a “license-free” interactive reporting and analytical tool compatible with any Point of Sale software, which assists Retailers exercise better control over their operations.
This innovative solution helps retailers generate higher profit by churning their operational and transactional data into “Actionable Intelligence”. Using this solution Retailers can:
• Optimize Inventory costs
• Maximize earnings through visual Profitability Analysis reporting
• Increase Sales by improved customer recognition
• Get better mileage for merchandise spends, with better Product behavior patterns
The procedure to install and run the software is the easiest thing and even a non IT person can do it with a lot of ease. One just has to sign up for the service and after that the entire data is taken care by BIRetail.
- Winner of appreciation award for promoting SMEs in India.
- 1st ever Indian magazine to penetrate tier II, III cities & the rural belt.
- Industry Partnerships include CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, PHDCC, AIMA, ITPO, SME Network, Federation of Indian Micro Small Enterprises (FISME)
- Official Magazine Partners for several national & international MSME events.
The Last Word
Of the 80 odd seasons that he has been through, he savoured less springs and suffered more rains, proverbially. Not that time took a toll on his age, it was his own siblings who dumped, nay disowned,...
We are looking for writers and experts to contribute original stories and articles. Send an email to email@example.com with your story idea and lets get talking.